Pathfinder International is a global leader in sexual and reproductive health. We place reproductive health care at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
The Maamuzi Yako, Kesho Yako-II (Your Decision - Your Tomorrow) is a three -year project funded by Bergstrom Foundation and implemented by Pathfinder in collaboration with Local Government Authorities. The project aims at increasing healthy timing and spacing of pregnancies among women of reproductive age. The project is implemented in Shinyanga DC and Kahama TC with coordination support from the Shinyanga Region Health Management Team. Pathfinder will employ a community-centered strategy to provide contraceptive counseling and services to women, men and adolescents and will implement an innovative government-led, rural based, integrated FP mobile outreach clinics that reach women with all range modern FP methods in villages that are remote and far from health facilities. Pathfinder’s approach combines service delivery and systems strengthening, hence bridging service gap at the same time ensuring lasting sustainability.
The Community Engagement Officer will be a lead person during implementation of Family planning outreach activities. More specifically, s/he will liaise with CHMTs to plan and execute FP mobile outreach activities including identification of sites, preparation of outreach route schedule, communication with CHWs for demand creation, identification of service providers and mobilization of equipment and other resources required. S/he will liaise with DRCH-Cos and D-Pharm to ensure availability of FP commodities needed for service delivery. S/he will ensure accurate data recording in both pathfinder and government registers. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that all logistics are in place for success outreach events. S/he will work with government counterparts to ensure all FP outreach activities and services are compliant to the national guidelines. S/he will implement any other activities as instructed by her /his supervisor.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Strategic Plan and Budget Implementation. Works with others to implement the strategic approach of the program or project specific to SRHR services. Assists in the development of annual plans and budgets for the SRHR portfolio of the program or project.
- Program Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation. Reviews quarterly and annual program or project progress and financial reports, and gives constructive feedback on the regional programs or projects and IPOs as applicable. Compiles quarterly and annual reports for MEL to report to the organization. Partners with MEL to help conduct research and data gathering on significant and new developments. Identifies best practices in activities. Recommends improvements for program or project performance and assists in sharing innovative methods with partners.
- Technical Direction. Assists in the implementation of capacity building and development in the different regional locations.
- Project and Management Reporting. Assists in the development and delivery of reports related to the program’s or project’s activities. Submits a completed consolidated report to MEL team on a timely basis.
- Meeting and Forum Attendance. Attends relevant meetings as well as forums to foster and enhance collaboration. Identifies new and improved approaches, methods and ideas.
- Training Design, Development and Delivery. Assists in standardizing SRHR training curriculum.
- Publications: Assists with coordinating publication of research findings, technical reviews and the development of manuals and guidelines for project related activities.
- Product Development. Develops collaborative linkages, and coordinates the publication of concept papers and proposals related to the SRHR program.
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project tea.
- To work with the CHMTs and the team to develop local plans with focus on maximizing access to family planning and SRH and services and ensuring project target are met.
- To assist outreach team in developing monthly, annual schedules, Travel authorization forms and reports.
- To work with the outreach team in evaluating, reporting and monitoring of the outreach performance.
- To work closely with outreach team to ensure efficient client flow from information talk, through counselling, procedure and post procedure care.
- To ensure that team follow strict, consistent and document all procedures relating to clients.
- Proper stock management including equipment and other assets.
- Support outreach team to ensure timely and proper forecasting and quantification of medicine and other medical supplies.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
• Country Specific Public Health System: Foundational knowledge of
countries’ public health systems.
• Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned program or project, including program or project strategies and indicators.
• Training Design, Development and Delivery: Foundational knowledge of curriculum design and development. Ability to deliver training to diverse groups.
• Research Writing and Editing. Foundational knowledge of writing and publishing research results in national and international journals.
• Data Processing: Foundational knowledge of data processing.
• PC Applications: Foundational knowledge of database and internet applications.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
• Software Applications: Foundational knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Project Management Planning and Management: Ability to plan and manage cross-functional initiatives for assigned projects.
• Analysis and Sound Judgement: Foundational analytical and trouble shooting skills. Ability to make sound judgments. Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
• Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using local language and English language.
• Communication: Advanced oral and written communication skills using different forms of media. Ability to translate complex concepts to individuals at all levels. Ability to speak across a range of technical issues within individual’s area of expertise.
• Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
• Influencing and Customer Service Skills: Ability to influence using diplomacy skills with key stakeholders. Advanced customer service skills.
• Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning skills, project planning and management skills. Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision. Proven ability to coordinate activities.
• Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast- paced environment, and ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures and adapt local practices to global standards.
• Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
• Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience:
• A minimum of a Diploma in Nursing, clinical medicine and any other health related, Bachelor degree will be an added advantage.
• 4 years’ experience, in provision of FP outreach services.
• Travel required (50% or less)
• Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
How To Apply
Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV, including contact details for 3 references before the close of business on May 31,2018 Applications should be addressed to
The Director for Human Resources and Administration,
PO Box 77991,
Dar es Salaam
sent via e-mail to Tanzaniaemail@example.com stating the position being applied for in the subject line.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.