ENTERPRISE COACHING AND DEVELOPMENT (ECD) Tanzania a non sectarian aid local nongovernmental organization dedicated to work in Tanzania mainland targeted to help people of need most. Its purpose is to help the developing poor in their efforts to achieve long term social and economic well being. The current programming sector is Renewable energy, Agriculture, small economic activities, Empowerment, on entrepreneurship skill, environmental management. Agriculture, Livestock, Fish farming, primary health Education. ECD is dedicated to the goal of improving the capacity Community, youth on Microfinance Agriculture and Livestock education and behavioral change strengthen communities to manage their natural cash and human resources in sustainable manner. The organization works primarily at the community level the scope of its work is more at marginalized semi-urban and rural poor in Promoting vocational training, workforce development, Agriculture and Livestock Development, vocational training systems and practical, demand-driven short training courses, introducing innovative educational programs, Promoting small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) as well Promoting cross cutting issues like gender, HIV/AIDS, and nutrition ECD implementing its activities in, Mwanza, Shinyanga ,Kagera Geita, Simiyu, Dodoma ,Morogoro, Mara, Tabora, Tanga, Arusha and Kilimanjaro.
To maximize its efficiency and effectiveness ECD Tanzania invites qualified people to apply fill different vacancy in the organization as explained below.
Position: Capacity building officer (COWSO) 1 position
Employer: ECD Tanzania
Type of organization: NGO
Applicant Age: Not more than 45years
Deadline: 01st April, 2018
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates effective project management skills
- Ensure strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback, timely responses to queries
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Conducting training and coaching in different COWSO groups
- Development and Operational Effectiveness training plan and implementing:
- Promotes knowledge management and a learning environment in the office through personal example: Excellent knowledge of capacity building theory and the application of methodology: good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies;
- Activity reports writing
- Strong background in some of the following technical areas; legislative reform, capacity building, working mechanism community and project management
- Ability to take initiative in complex emergency situations that takes advantage of windows of opportunity with communities and governments so as to rapidly implement programs that would otherwise be missed opportunities
- Solid knowledge in contract, asset and procurement, information and communication technology
- Prior experience of training
- Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office;
- Knowledge on development issues;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships to facilitate work goals,
- Demonstrable capacity to build knowledge through using various sources.
- Exhibit strong teamwork skills in a complex environment
- Ability to promote learning environment, human rights and gender friendly work environment;
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a multicultural environment including the training and development of national colleagues
- Ability to identify opportunities, conceptualize and develop project reports
- Ability to analyze situations and act accordingly
- Ability to effectively support in strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to formulate and manage training programmes and design relevant training materials
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
- Knowledge Management and Learning:
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Social Science preferably in community development, Development Administration, Rural development and Natural resource management.
Experience and Skill
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience in organizing training and capacity Building related activities preferable in the areas of community owned supply organization (COWSO)
- Proven knowledge and experience of developing training plans and programmes and development of materials in community owned supply organization (COWSO)
- Proven organizational skills, with ability to work on multiple activities, to plan effectively and to communicate plans clearly.
- Experience of providing guidance and support related to counterparts, experience of such to governmental agencies will be a plus.
- Previous work experience as VSL/VICOBA trainer/capacity building expert in related field would be considered as added advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-culturally.
- Experience or international donor-supported programme preferred.
- Sound computer proficiency essential
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
How to apply:
We are looking to recruit national candidates only. Interested and qualified candidates are kindly invited to send a cover letter (1 page) and resume (not more than 3 pages) as one pdf document to email@example.com .