Job Position: Senior Network Engineer - 1 Post
Employer: Zanlink Limited
Location: Mjini Magharibi Zanzibar
- Diploma/ University degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology with at least 3 years of working experience in the related field.
- Skills and expertise
- Good knowledge and working experience of various Networks such as LAN, VPN, Fiber optic, microwave wireless technologies as well as extensive knowledge on configuration and troubleshooting of TCP/IP protocols.
- Practical networking experience in setting up, testing, configuration and troubleshooting of networks/ Knowledge on Wireless Technologies, RF transmissions and Fiber Optical Networks
- Working knowledge of network devices (routers/switch testing and configuration)
- Proficiency in both Windows and Linux based operating Systems
- Ability to work independently, be a team player and be able to accomplish a given task with minimum supervision.
- Possess excellent customer care and clients handling skills.
- Be able to communicate excellently with good command on both oral and written English and Kiswahili; to clearly and concisely provide information, explanations and instructions and to elicit information from others with varying levels of understanding.
- Must possess very good analytical, troubleshooting as well as technical faults reporting skills.
- Problem solving skills to independently recognize define and identify resources available to solve problems.
- Possess a class ‘C’ clean driving license
- Willing to walk extra miles and demonstrate flexibility in order to handle chores more efficiently.
- Interpersonal skills to establish and maintain a friendly, welcoming environment to demonstrate understanding, compassionate and caring manner to maintain a courteous and calm demeanor
- Install and maintain various Internet and related services on the client’s side using either Optic Fiber cable or Microwave Wireless Equipment operating at different frequencies, as well as configuration of TCP/IP protocols.
- Build and maintain various Networks such as WAN, LAN and VPN on client’s side.
- Maintain Company’s Network infrastructure including its fiber optical backbone, repeaters, as well as towers.
- Evaluate and resolve client problems promptly
- Monitor performance of network infrastructure equipment.
- Create and implement viable solutions and follow through to ensure problem is resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Ensure that no trouble ticket or clients complain remains pending and present a thorough daily, weekly and monthly report to the Management.
- Carry out weekly and monthly analysis of the problems reported by our clients and find ways to reduce them.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidates. Please note that all the positions require the candidates to stay in Zanzibar.
How To Apply:Application with detailed CVs written in the English Language should be e mailed to: Issa@zanlink.com and copied to Ally@zanlink.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to submit application is 31st January 2018.
Please note that ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.