Job Title: Sales Champion - Kahama Region
Reports to: Head of Customer Acquisition of Tanzania
Based in: Kahama, Lake Region - Tanzania
Starting date: Immediately
Salary: From 400,000 TZS to 600,000 TZS (according to profile and previous experience) + monthly/quarterly bonus
Solaris Tanzania is a social start-up that aims to provide energy in every low-income communities, buy empowering village entrepreneurs and households with business and technology solutions. Go visit: www.solaris.co.tz & www.facebook.com/solaristanzania.
The company started its operations in the lake region of Tanzania in October 2014 with an approach that relies on 3 main pillars:
1. An efficient solar technology that suits the needs of entrepreneurs and households. To do so, the Solaris station can charge up to 9 electronic devices at once (lamps, phones, etc.). Systems start from 20W up to 80W + TV.
2. A micro-credit system that removes the upfront cost constraint that prevented many entrepreneurs from launching such venture. The customer benefits from a “pay-as-you-go” offer and unlocks the
device through mobile payments. After the repayment period, the client owns the device.
3. A free after sales is offered during the repayment period, through a team of local mentors who visit clients whenever they need support and technical maintenance, marketing, sales, etc.
The Sales Champion will be responsible for establishing Solaris company in the Kahama region by recruiting new customers and ensuring their satisfaction, as well as leading a team of Sales Leaders and Ambassadors. All of this with the main purpose of realizing a strong sales performance, meeting budget expectations and targets.
● Actively recruit new customers, by meeting and educating prospects regarding Solaris’ product proposition, and build a relationship with them, to ensure their satisfaction. His/her main efforts are to recruit as many reliable customers as required by management to sustain the company growth objectives.
● Coordinate and lead his/her sales team on the execution of the pitching planning and the daily activities on the ground, following company’s strategies and instructions.
● Track Marketing/Sales’ results and provide on time and accurate reports regarding the performance of his/her team, the different sales channels and the implementation of strategies.
● Use CRM system to upload the leads founded by him/her and his/her team every day.
● Transfer knowledge to his/her colleagues, to the organization partners and to the
marketing team, through formal or informal training/coaching sessions, when required.
● Interact with the local government and key villages’ influencers for easier brand penetration in the region.
● Provide continuous feedback to his/her direct manager in order to improve processes, procedures and the performance of his/her team.
● Participate, on a weekly and monthly basis (more if necessary), on the meetings with Head of Acquisition.
Key skills required:
● Is a dedicated manager and is committed to provide value to our customers with the knowledge and the necessary confidence to inspire trust and reliability. He/she must, therefore, show compassion, demonstrate listening skills, time availability and devotion.
● Has a strong grounding in understanding marketing challenges. Has the ability to respect marketing strategies, to plan his/her team activities and understand the solar PAYG market dedicated to the Base of the Pyramid.
● Is organized and able to manage a sales team, using limited resources to reach the monthly targets.
● Is reliable and demonstrates confidence about reporting to management on time whenever asked to do so.
● Has a graduation degree/diploma of Business Administration from a recognized University.
● Has minimum 3 years' experience in Sales or in Sales related environments like Sales officer/coordination or Channel management, such as recruiting agents.
● Has native proficiency in Swahili, and good spoken and written English. Knowledge of Sukuma is an advantage, but not necessary.
● Is confident using Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Words, PPT) as well as CRM software.
● Has the official license to drive a motorbike (official documents must be provided).
HOW TO APPLY:
We are looking for someone who is results driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring clean and affordable energy to people. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and Cover letter to Bryson Kisamo (email@example.com).
5 Jul 2017
Job Title: Sales Champion - Kahama Region