Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation (TPDC) is a National Oil Company dealing with oil and gas exploration, development and production. The company is based in Dar- Es –Salaam.
The Corporation has open vacancies for professional Tanzanians in the following disciplines:-
POSITION: ACCOUNTANT II (Six Posts)-Two Mtwara/Four Dar
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Checks accounting documents and records before and after posting.
· Ensures correctness of accounting record.
· Reconciles various accounts.
· Prepares summaries for joint venture accounts.
· Carries out regular checks on cash transactions.
· Performs any other related duties as may be assigned by superior from time to time.
DESIRED PROFESSION QUALIFICATIONS
Holder of a Bachelor Degree in Accountancy from a University or Advanced
Diploma in Accountancy or equivalent qualification from a recognized
institution with 1st class or upper second Degree.
· Computer skills is essential
· Excellent writing skills & Communication skills
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
Not more than 35 years.
According to TPDC Scheme of service in the salary scale of TPDC- PS 1
MODE OF APPLICATION ·
Interested and suitable candidates should ensure that their
applications along with their curriculum vitae, indicating current
telephone contacts are received by 14th February, 2014. · Photocopies
of relevant certificates and one recent passport size photograph should
be attached with the hand written application letter. · All application should be directed through Postal Services, Hand Delivery will not be accepted · Each applicant should indicate two names of referees. · Each applicant should indicate the Number and Title of Job Position applied for and preferred Work Station on the envelope and in the application letter. · Applicant should not apply in more than ONE position · All Applicants holding foreign universities certificates should attach TCU approval certificate. · Application without relevant documents will not be considered. · Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: Failure to observe any of the above conditions, the application will not be considered